I suggest you ...

Task Prioritization in "My Tasks"

Because I work on tasks from the "My Tasks" level and not the project level, I can't see the default rows (Important, Less Important Etc) which determine what should be done first. There needs to be some kind of prioritization with automatic organization. That way important tasks from various projects are automatically placed at the top of the list and less important ones at the bottom.

Option 1: Allow the default rows to automatically determine a tasks priority and placement in the "My Tasks" view. Also there would need to be some kind of annotation that showed the task's priority next to the project and sub task count. (Some people will rename the default rows, so there would need to be task level prioritization as well)

Option 2: Allow prioritization at the task level and have it determine the task's placement in the "My Tasks" view. Again there would need to be some kind of annotation showing the task's priority. (This is probably the option that most people would want because it's how so many other project managers work)

Option 3: Allow the option to breakdown the "My Tasks" with the default rows. (This is option I like the most for it's simplicity)

I would like to have the option of task level prioritization AND the ability to use the default rows to automatically assign task level priorities.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alyse ScottAlyse Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting for this item. It would make "My tasks" useful! Even some half-way measures would help; If we could limit the inclusion of tasks into "My tasks", it would be a start. If we could maintain priority when bringing the tasks together, it would be better; If we could select task inclusion for each project it would be better still.

• Zaid ZawaidehAdminZaid Zawaideh (Co-founder, Sandglaz) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for all the feedback and continued supported. I am sorry this is taking longer than expected.

In the meanwhile, I suggest using drag and drop sorting of tasks to help with prioritization as well as moving tasks that you don't intend on working on today to the future.

Rest assured that we haven't been sitting idle. We worked on many other highly requested features in the past two years from improved mobile, offline, commenting, subtasks, notifications, search, and many other improvements. That said, we are looking at elegant ways of addressing this request.

• DLLuceDLLuce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note that the "My tasks" view of the pending list of tasks is COMPLETELY SCRAMBLED! The list is not in any discernible order, mixing Important, Less Important and Not Important ones in one chaotic soup.
        I find that this view, which should be the center of daily planning, is almost useless; I have to Print my list (the printout is similarly mixed up) and then circle the day's most necessary tasks. This is not the way it should work.

• David LuceDavid Luce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am returning to Sandglaz from another TM, just because of its ability to limit the tasks presented to me at any given time, while continuing to track the ones I have not yet scheduled. The "My Tasks" panel is a nice, simple solution to the "one Grid to Rule them All" request. It is particularly clever to be able to exclude some project grids from the "One" grid. Unfortunately, the "One" grid still shows an undifferentiated mix of the tasks from all vertical levels.
        We should be able to select the Grid Levels, by project, to show up on My Tasks, in the Settings panel for My Tasks. That way we can easily limit our "hot panel" to only the "important" tasks, or the "Important" and "less important" tasks, or "tagged" tasks, or other options. The option should be set separately for each grid, because sometimes any task on one grid has to be shown, while other grids need only show the most important of their tasks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base